2008年2月17日 星期日

Paul Bakery Cafe at the Shanghai Centre

Located right next to the Element Fresh in the Shanghai Centre- Portman complex, this is one of a series of Paul Bakeries that have opened around Shanghai in rapid fire in the last 6 months. Hailed from France, Paul's key selling point is that they even import the flour from France. I'd have to agree that basic ingredients matter a lot in baked goods; for some reason, the local flour just does not produce very aromatic breads and cakes (or I'm just prejudiced?) That said, I still think Paul is too expensive to make it an everyday affair. The Centre location has a pretty sizable sit-down area -- atmosphere is great with large windows looking out to a terrace, which will make excellent outdoor seating in the summertime.

We ordered a croque monsieur, a croque madam, and another kind of sandwich, along with some coffee drinks. The sandwiches range in the high $20's to $40', and drinks are Starbucks prices. The food is decent, but I think it's the location that's really worth the bucks. Didn't try their desserts yet, and think I'll go back for afternoon tea next time. They offer a $45RMB set where you can choose a drink + dessert during the weekdays.

See other cafes and restaurants nearby.

5 則留言:

  1. [...] bland, and the prices are getting higher. I go there once in while for the bright space.  The new Paul Bakery Cafe is right next to [...]

    回覆刪除
  2. It is very expensive but i love to go at PAUL. I want find some real restaurant menu in the one in dong ping Lu in the near future

    回覆刪除
  3. bread and cakes, especially cakes are the best in shanghai but the coffee.
    I try the cappuccinos in Paul Carrefour (GuoBai). Absolutely a catastrophe. No temperature control, no crema, no flavor, no fine foam and no nice pattern. It slam bang, and the coffee is totally spoiled.
    How about improving the experience so I do not have to go to the bakery shop to get the coffee (the bread the is no good but I can eat the Paul's cakes there). That would be wonderful and it is not so hard, give the guys little training please.

    回覆刪除
  4. Hello,hi it´s just i celebrate your unique blog, I woudl be very glad if you would ask me to write a multimedia review about your incredible wordpress site on my small Breaking News Newssite http://www.oma-chat-live.de would you grant me permission? Thanks

    回覆刪除
  5. HaaaHaaaa

    Recievers and managers appointed

    Gone BUST, no more chavs!

    回覆刪除