2008年3月24日 星期一

Free drinks with overpriced DVD's at Taikang Rd Oscar Club

I went over to Taikang Rd over the weekend and friends tipped me off to the old Ka De's reincarnation:  Oscar Club.  Ka De Club was the original mega underground DVD shop on JinXian Rd a few years back.  They had stores on Zhenning Rd and DaGu Rd also but after some kind of crack down, they changed their name.  I haven't been to this one at all, since I was pretty happy w/ my Dagu Rd shop.  The first thing we noticed was that the shop offered FREE cokes, bottled water, AND beer (ok, just some Sapporo light), no purchase necessary.  The funny thing is that not a lot of people seemed to have noticed the sign or the frig, which was standing right at the entrance.  I guess people were in a rush to go to the inner room to check out the new DVD's. 

Oscar's selection is still pretty extensive, but with so many other look-alike shops, it's no longer that impressive to me.  More over, it's by far the most expensive expat-oriented shop I've seen -- $8 for DVD and $16 for DVD-9.  Darn!  I'd give them that if they categorize by some scheme or had on-line ordering and free delivery service or something.  I guess it goes to pay for the free drinks we had at the door...

For cheaper DVD's, find a reliable shop near where you live (so you could return your defective discs) or try my favorite shops.

1 則留言:

  1. The quality over there are really good i have to say. I never had a returned dvd .

    回覆刪除