2007年8月13日 星期一

City Diner - 24-hour brunch and American burger joint

I always bring my guests to City Diner for brunch not only because it's owned by my friend Kelley but also it serves some of the most authentic American food in Shanghai. All of the items on the menu are from Kelley's own recipes, and they make their mayo from scratch. My favorites include the City burger, cobb salad, the carrot cake. However, I have noticed that both the service and food quality have gone down since it opened last year. Many people have complained about the service being uneven, and I'd have to agree: fresh brewed iced teas invariably mixed up with the nasty Nestle variety, chilli cheese fries served sans salt, salad served with the stems of lettuce. I will still continue to patronize but they really need to watch it in the kitchen and bring back some of the Filipino staff!!

See other cafes and restaurants nearby.

3 則留言:

  1. is their MILK SHAKE still good?

    回覆刪除
  2. [...] is a express cafe franchise created by my friend Kelley Lee before she opened the City Diner.  When I first found out that this cafe is just down the street from me, I was really excited.  I [...]

    回覆刪除