2007年8月22日 星期三

La Creperie - expensive galettes and crepes

I was walking down Urumuqi Rd to check out whether the new Village complex is open and also found La Creperie, which is at the end of Dong Ping Rd/TaoJiang Rd near YueYang Rd.  It's still in soft opening so they put up a sign to say they don't accept credit card and also don't give fapiao yet.  This is a lot more decent than some of the existing restaurants who always tell you they're out of fapiao.  There was a wine tasting instructor there teaching the staff on how to appreciate the Rosé wine

The interior was of Brittany style with wooden panels and flooring, with high chairs and tables.  I keep wondering what the small bowls on the tables are for, cuz they take them away when you're seated... the crepe menu is pretty extensive but the pricing is definitely not cheap.  The afternoon tea set is $45RMB for a crepe and a cup of coffee or tea (I was told that you get the coffee/tea for free and pay just the crepe's menu price but apparently there was some mix-up).  I order the stewed apple and caramel sweet crepe ($38RMB).  The crepe came promptly, with a big serving of the caramelized apple.  The taste is pretty good except maybe a slightly stronger alcohol taste.  I think the serving would look a lot prettier and more complete with some garnishes, like fresh fruits or whip cream.

  With the expensive rent around the HengShan Rd area, I can understand why the pricing is such.  So the thinking should be how to make your customers feel like money well spent by packing more into the dishes?  I was reading the crepe recipe books in the shop and realized that you can make crepes ahead of times and store in the frig for up to 3 days.  Hmm... I think I'll try that at home now that I got some good tips on making them...

Sweet crepe with stewed apple and caramel

3 則留言:

  1. [...] forward to being able to order savory crepes again soon. I will also check out another crepe shop, La Creperie, which is not far down on near DongPing Rd. Why aren't there just little take-out shops that sell [...]

    回覆刪除
  2. Hello,
    I'm the manager of La Creperie Restaurant, just want to let you know that this article was posted 3 YEARS AGO and that WE DO ACCEPT CREDIT CARD AND WE DO HAVE FAPIAOS NOW !

    Hope to see crepes and galettes lovers in our store !

    PS : whoever wrote this article : can you update your article please ?

    Thanks a lot !

    Thomas, La Crêperie Manager

    回覆刪除
  3. Dear all,

    I have been to La Creperie several times, as I think it is probably the best, most genuine and affordable Fench cafe in Shanghai. I live in Pudong, and I regularly take the time to travel 30min to Le Creperie, just because it is so good. And always full of people!

    I think 40RMB for a genuine French crepe is incredibly good value for money. With the outrageous prices for housing in Shanghai right now, actually the food is very cheap by comparison.

    I will go there again this weekend, and bring some customers.

    Regards,

    JR

    P.S. I'm not French or friends with the owner

    回覆刪除