2007年9月23日 星期日

Enoteca Wine Bar - sensational wine, food and crowd

When new shops started cropping up behind the Center, I was a bit doubtful of their qualities. And wine bar definitely sounded a bit snooty, knowing the wines are typically marked by quite a bit. Enoteca turned out to be a star -- people hang around until late in the evening because the atmosphere is so inviting. Last time we went on a Wed, and the place was packed at 10pm. The shop has a bar area, a dining area, and a tasting room, which can also serve as a auxiliary dining area. The wines are ordered by the bottles (as opposed to the expected by-the-glass arrangement in wine bars) because you can get a bottle for as low as $89RMB. I'm not an expert in wines, but I liked what I tasted (tried the Rose Chardonnay, and Bordeaux). They also have some of the best meat and cheese selections I've tried in Shanghai (much better than Franck's and less expensive). Since they don't serve real dinner type dishes, we pretty much ordered every tapas on the menu. Have to say every one of them was yummy. They also have a brunch menu, and I want to try it out soon.

See other cafes and restaurants nearby.

4 則留言:

  1. Yes Enotaca is really great , good wine selection and nice staff but last Night I went to Vino Venue, a Wine bar, It was in fact a Wine gallery where you can taste the 40 different wines and you can bought some one or more if you want. For that they use a gorgeous machine to conserve the wine. Simple but efficient!
    I want share that with you because it is a amazing place, huge garden, food delicious and staff friendly: if you love wine or quiet ambiance rare in Shanghai… You should go there.
    It is situate in HongQiao lu (1970), close to HongXu lu. The entrance is by the garden.
    Trust me! place to discover and discover again !

    回覆刪除
  2. wine bars are great. my father installed a wine bar in my home and my wife also loved it `~`

    回覆刪除