2007年9月16日 星期日

Steaks and Eggs American Diner

I first heard about this new place from my guest who ate there everyday when he was in Beijing (this franchise started in Beijing) so I kept going back to check when it would be open. Finally tried it out this past weekend and it struck me as a place stuck in the 80's (not sure if it's the intended design). The carpet was in a funky forest green color with striping; tables and chairs are of the no-frills, no-style type; the menu came in photocopied paper bound in a plastic binder. I order the french toast with eggs and sausages. It tasted ok but I could also reproduce most of it at home (and mine would taste just like it if not better). The sausages were good though, plump and tasty. The pricing is decent (~$30-40 for breakfast items)In Shanghai's competitive landscape today, I think this restaurant's concept is truly outdated. To survive in the Nanjing Rd area, you really need to have more style -- and more substance.

Steaks and Eggs is located on XiKang Rd, around the corner from the Shanghai Centre.

See other cafes and restaurants nearby.

沒有留言:

張貼留言